Christine was originally based in engineering which led her to develop her professional experience in step with IDEO, the international consultancy she worked with for 15 years. Engineering analysis and design in the fields of aerospace, medical systems, and consumer products has given way to defining the experiences delivered at retail, in your home, online, or within your company…and from there to using design-thinking to manage organizational transformation.
Currently consulting on short and long-term projects for clients in the US, Ireland and Asia. In recent years, her work has spanned;
– developing and delivering Masters-degree-level coursework in innovation and design-thinking for 10-credit classes and 30-credit diplomas within universities and for professionals. 2012-2015 saw courses for financial services professionals, as well as computer science professionals, biomedical engineers and managers, and Tokyo medical faculty and students.
– improving the patient and staff experience in 3 medical centers… leaving behind not just the changes we worked on together with staff, but the skills and templates for continued improvement
– creating product and service innovation strategies; communicating strong business concepts experientially via prototyping, multimedia experience and role-playing…
– benchmarking global innovation in various consumer industries, understanding user needs and envisioning user experiences in the US, Europe and Asia.
…all of this to enable informed and inspired business decisions.
– industrial creativity
– facilitation of large groups of people in progressing their ideas and skillsets
– assimilating a large number of viewpoints, creating a framework for development
– understanding user needs and desires (ethnography for product and service design)
– finding the story that will communicate business offers to attract support and align teamwork
– mechanical engineering of products and systems